Chicken Alfredo has been something that we’ve always wanted to try but we always had a feeling that it was too boring/a waste to order at a restaurant. So we decided to make it at home but with a slight twist: instead of frying the chicken, we baked it. We also added bacon and mushrooms. If you fancy Chicken Alfredo with a twist, why not try our Creamy Chicken & Bacon linguine…
Here’s what you need (serves 4):
- 2 large chicken breasts
- 1 teaspoon of chicken seasoning (optional)
- 4 rashers of bacon
- 1 pack of chestnut mushrooms
- 1 small onion
- 450ml (roughly) of double/heavy cream
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Salt, Black Pepper & Garlic Pepper
- Freshly chopped parsley/basil – a dried version is fine (optional)
- Linguine (or pasta of your choice)
Here’s what you need to do:
- Firstly, prep all of the ingredients. Season the chicken using a pinch of salt, both peppers and the chicken seasoning. Place the chicken on a prepared baking tray and put them in the oven at 180C for 20-25 minutes. Then finely chop the garlic and onions. Cut the mushrooms into quarters and slice the bacon into thin strips. You can also buy all of these already prepared if you like but doing it yourself is cheaper.
2. In a pan (skillet or wok are fine too but as you probably guessed, we have neither) fry off the onions and garlic until the onions are translucent. Add in the mushrooms and allow to cook for roughly 2 minutes.
3. Next add the cream and leave to cook for a further 5 minutes. Remove the chicken breasts from the oven and chop them up into bite size chunks.
4. Then, add the chicken chunks to the pan and finally add the grated Parmesan. Allow this all to continue cooking on a very low heat for another 5 – 10 minutes. Cover with foil for 3 minutes if you wish – just to make sure its all combined.
5. While the food is cooking down, boil the linguine to your preference. Add the linguine to the pan, mix it thoroughly.
5. That’s it! Serve it on a plate with a sprinkling of Parmesan and a bit of oregano (You can use basil, parsley or neither). A glass of wine on the side is perfect too. We hope you like it, we will definitely be making it again.